Thursday, April 26, 2012

Garden Plans

I'm going to have to scale back my garden plans a bit, I think. Tight budgets will do that! My one chocolate party this month was rescheduled for next month due to uncontrollable circumstances so I haven't had any money coming in. I need to save some money for my college reunion next month - hotel, gas and food on Sunday...

Here's a rough plan:

2 Blueberry bushes - $4.88 each - $9.76
2 Blackberry bushes - $4.88 each - $9.76

1 Allstar Strawberry - $2.98 each - $2.98
1 Ozark Beauty Strawberry - $2.98 each - $2.98

3 Jalapenos - $1 each - $3 (provided I can still get them at this price when I'm ready in a few weeks)
1 Gypsy sweet pepper - $2.98 each - $2.98
1 Yellow Bell Pepper - $2.98 each - $2.98
1 Red Bell Pepper - $2.98 each - $2.98
(Tomatoes of some sort, various prices)


Herbs for the butterfly garden pots
1 Lemon Thyme - $3.38 each - $3.38
1 Boxwood Basil - $3.38 each - $3.38
1 Chocolate Mint - $3.38 each - $3.38

Seeds $1-3/packet, 1 packet each
Sweet Corn
Squash

So I'm looking at roughly $50-ish without tomatoes. I know I can get tomato plants for fairly cheap. I may skip the strawberries and just get a bucket from the local farm stand. Maybe we'll just take Connor and pick our own. I think a bucket of already picked is around $12-14 and so sweet.

I thought I had a lead on rhubarb plants, but it turned out to be burdock. I haven't seen rhubarb crowns anywhere. I'd love to have rhubarb...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...