Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fruit Ice Pops

We're going through a heat wave right now and I want to do everything I can to make the chickens comfortable. Short of running fans because there is no electricity out there. I've been adding ice and electrolytes to their water.

I found this idea on Fresh Eggs Daily . I made fruit ice pops for the girls with mint, strawberries, blueberries and watermelon.

Ruby and Sprinkles were the first to check it out.


Then everyone kind of ignored it.


Ruby came back to check it out, finally drank some of the water melting off the cubes.


Sprinkles wants to know where the good stuff is.



   
When I went back a few hours later, the plate was empty. Sometimes chickens aren't too sure about new foods and act like you're trying to poison them. They'll get the hang of it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...