Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strawberries....


I bought two bags of strawberries from Walmart yesterday. I didn't notice it until I got home, but the one bag has two labels. Under the AC Wendy label is one that says Earliglow. It came out of the AC Wendy box (must have been delivery day, I opened the box, so know it wasn't mixed), and both are June bearing, no big deal if it's not truly an AC Wendy.

I'm going to put these in the old horse pasture behind the chicken coop. I tried to use the garden hoe to loosen the area (mostly weeds and clover) and I think I'm going to have to rent a tiller. I really didn't want to, but the ground is really hard. I plan on planting quite a bit more and don't want to hoe for 50+ hours... I also want to mix in the contents of the compost bin and horse manure pile.

Don't forget to check out the new Sunwood Farms 365 photo blog!



eta: 4/26/12 - These strawberries did not make it. The roots were rotten.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...