Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sicky Chicky and New Grazing Pen

My Lace Brahma, Lace, is sick. No clue what the problem is. It's been going on for the last 3-4 days. She is still eating and drinking. No sign of mites or lice, I wormed 2 days ago. She lays down most of the time. She isn't flying out of the coop anymore, now she uses the ladder. I've been giving them scrambled eggs and plain yogurt and she's eating that. I started Poly-Vi-Sol today. It's actually an infant liquid vitamin that can be given to chickens. If nothing else, it won't hurt her. Ruby stuck her beak into the mix and got some too.

Completed pen. I only purchased the chicken wire. We used 2x3s that we already had and 2 2x4s. This is NOT a predator proof pen and isn't meant to be. I plan on using it only when they can be supervised. It's 70 inches long, 36 inches wide high and 40 inches wide.


Ruby sticking her beak in.


This is how Lace lays most of the time now. When she does move, it's very slow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...