Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Zucchini...

Would someone please remind me next year that I do not need 7 zucchini plants... Not counting last night's harvest, I have harvested over 42 lbs of zucchini. Some has been given away, some has been made into zucchini relish, most is in the freezer and a few have been made into zucchini fries (yum).

I am getting a few peppers now, sweet banana peppers and one green bell pepper. It would have been two, but the one had a big hole in it. Jalapenos are almost ready. I cannot wait to make cowboy candy (candied jalapenos).


Sweet corn and pole beans. Can you see how the pole beans are climbing up the sweet corn?



Vegetable plot - Marigolds are doing well, tomatoes are almost as tall as I am.



Vegetable plot


Pumpkin is almost ready... This is the compost bin transplant. The seed came from one of those small decorator pumpkins. I never knew how much pumpkin spread... this thing is huge! Two pumpkins on it so far, but tons of flowers. I just hope we'll still have some for Halloween!


The chickens enjoyed some pen time while I checked out the garden.


Connor just loves his tractor...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...